Sunday, June 19, 2011

hip in hemp - finally!


hip in hemp - finally!, originally uploaded by eag.

I've been knitting this skirt since May of 2008. I bought the beautiful Elsebeth Lavold Hempathy for my birthday and started knitting away. As I've learned knitters do, I put it down in favor of other projects, pulled it out from time to time to knit some more and put it away in favor of other projects over the next year.  I finally got it all knit, but got hung up on blocking and adding the elastic waistband. Why is finishing so difficult? I take great pleasure in mundane tasks exactly because I can finish them. So, why the difficulty in finishing beautiful tasks? Whatever the reason, I take great pleasure in this finished skirt. I've never made a garment for myself before, let alone such a beauty.

I'm just a little bit proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment