Monday, July 25, 2011

winona, mn

I've spent, nearly, my entire life in Minnesota and can't ever remember traveling significantly south of the cities. You go "Up North" to the lake, to Duluth, to the Boundary Waters. You go "Down To" Mayo or Northfield. But I'm talking south, further south down the little woods slicing highways to Red Wing, to Winona.

On Friday I got up at 6am, printed a resume, did my makeup (gag) and hopped in the car to drive 2 1/2 hours for an effing audition. As the miles wore on and the scenery got more lush and hilly my mood lifted and my love of Minnesota swelled. The audition went well but, more importantly, I found the yarn store, the independent bookseller, the co-op and the charming cafe with fresh natural food. I'm ready to move in.

Here's hoping the absolutely charming Great River Shakespeare Festival feels the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment