Monday, August 23, 2010

sheldon and the real animals


To wade my way through rehearsals (and because a friend commissioned him) I have just completed another Sheldon. The commissioner is knitting the blankey that accompanies Sheldon so she ordered all of the necessary yarn from Knit Picks and had it delivered to my house. I'd never gotten yarn in the mail before and when it arrived, though I only got to keep 2 skeins of it, I felt like I'd won the lottery! One of these days I'll actually manage to win a Knitty Giveaway and I'll get another package of joy in the mail.

At any rate, here he is on the rehearsal butcher block for The Master Butchers Singing Club. He received encouragement from the whole team so I thought this photo the most apporpriate for his portfolio representation.

The show is hard. I think that's all I want to say about that right now.



In other news, Mom, Sweet P and I went to the Como Park Zoo to see the baby giraffe. I'm not entirely sure what is up with my affinity for the prehistoric, black tongued beauties, but I squealed like a little girl when we rounded the corner and caught sight of them. 

We also cooed over the big sleepy cats (who look not unlike my little sleepy cats), breathed in the plant life and marveled at the bonsai. 






No comments:

Post a Comment