Tuesday, December 28, 2010

christmas knits

This Christmas was so blessed by family, gifts and food that it may have been -- as our little cousin Ingrid said -- my favorite Christmas ever! Ing has only had 5 Christmases so it may literally be true in her case, but I find as the years pass it gets harder to get into the spirit. We didn't decorate, we worried about money and skipped church. But Christmas morning, after watching the Concordia Choir Christmas Concert on TV and reading the gospels, Sweet P climbed back into bed and read me John 1:14, NRSV:
And the Word became flesh and lived among us, and we have seen His glory, the glory as of a father's only son, full of grace and truth.
I know that faith is a process, but I often feel behind the class. Although, as Sweet P weeped while he read me those words I was overcome with thankfulness and awe -- maybe those are the touchstones of my faith journey.

Maybe.

I only knit for my mom and dad this year. Much easier than for the whole growing family and I was pleased with the results.

 Socks for dad.

Neck wrap for mom.



No comments:

Post a Comment