Friday, March 25, 2011

and get this...


Out of nowhere I have a pinched nerve or other in my back -- beautiful little knot riding under my shoulder blade, radiating sparky fire out to my little finer, ribs and neck. No combination of heat and anti-inflammatory soothes it. No position makes it better or worse. Nothing relieves it.

So, during the show last night I made a little online appointment with my acupuncturist and today I was cupped. No, not like that -- dirty -- the ancient Chinese Medicine sort that involves fire, glass bulbs and points. I have the salami slice bruises on my back to prove it.

Here's the get this part: I'd mentioned my SIBO earlier in the appointment, so when she mentioned that the points causing me pain were in the small intestine meridian we had a cartoon-y double take of SMALL INTESTINE MERIDIAN?!?!?

That's right. The bacteria are dying out and trying to hide by blocking the meridian.

Get that.

2 comments:

  1. wow! did it help you with the pain? you looked fantastic tonight in the show~!! ~momo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Momo! It temporarily relieved the pain, but I'm still suffering. Trying to get an appointment with a neuromuscular therapist. Thanks for seeing the show!

    ReplyDelete