Monday, March 7, 2011

in my crafting world


Jenny the-wig-run-room-kitty-loving-quilt-maker and I are making a baby quilt for some mutual friends. Behold the cool and warm complimentary fabrics that will become zig-zags. 


Ooo... zig-zag.


I love these ladies. 


Also, I've been embroidering the center panel of my sister's wedding shawl. I had a small introduction to embroidering back when we were making the Master Butchers quilt, but it has now become a full on obsession. I am also a little obsessed with these crewel kits that Purl sells -- embroidery with YARN?!?!? WHAT?!?!?


This is Lily. She's not a craft. She's just super cute. Look how she's resting her little cheek on the foot of my dulcimer stand. Also, that's my dulcimer. Note the cardinal shaped sound holes.

2 comments:

  1. Great photos of your quilting fabrics and your embroidery. Love the sleeping kitty too.

    ReplyDelete